Monday, July 12, 2010

Gingery Mint Iced Tea

Mint & ginger before becoming tea

I came up with this recipe when my boy started begging me to find a way to get rid of the mint that's taking over his office. I'm normally not a fan of mint in tea, but this is refreshing and a little sweet, with just a bit of bite from the ginger.

3 black or green tea bags
1.5 quarts boiling water
3-5 longish sprigs of fresh mint
1 ginger tea packet OR 2 Tbsp candied ginger

Put the tea bags, fresh mint (I think it's easier to leave the mint leaves on the stalk) and contents of ginger packet in the bottom of a pitcher or large jar. Pour the boiling water into the vessel and let cool. Serve iced or refrigerated.

Ingredient Notes: You can get instant sweet ginger tea packets at just about any Asian market. You could leave it out, but I really like the bite of the ginger combined with the mint.