Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Asparagus Pesto Pizza

Asparagus Pesto Pizza

This was delicious, and so easy. NOM.

1/2 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into half-inch lengths
4 oz. oyster mushrooms, cut into smallish pieces
1 handful capers (optional)
1/4 cup pesto
1 batch pizza dough
cornmeal for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 450. Sprinkle cornmeal on your pizza stone. Stretch out the dough and lay it on the stone. Toss the asparagus and mushrooms with half the pesto. Spread the other half evenly over your dough, leaving about a half-inch border all the way around. Top with asparagus, mushrooms and capers.

Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.

Note: I got my pesto and my pizza dough at Gateway Market, because I am too lazy to make my own. (Hint: if you ask the guys behind the meat counter for pesto, they will go get it for you from the kitchen.)