Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Tasty Smoothie that I made tonight

1 frozen banana, in chunks
two handfuls frozen berries
3 handfuls blueberries (fresh or frozen)
2-3 scoops vanilla coconut ice cream (optional)
4-5 leaves swiss chard, washed & chopped
2 handfuls raw cashews
vanilla soy milk
orange juice

Combine and blend on high for 2-3 minutes, or until creamy.

Ingredient Notes: When my bananas start to get spotty, I chuck them in the freezer. When I'm ready to make a smoothie, I chop them up and peel the chunks. I get my raw cashews at the health food store in bulk and store them in the freezer. The ice cream is totally optional, but I like it. I add enough soy milk and orange juice to cover the frozen stuff, then add more as needed. You could also use kale or spinach in place of the swiss chard. When blended up, you can't taste the greens. They add vitamins.